If your inbox is cluttered with email alerts for filings and transcripts that you don't need or if you are missing alerts for documents that do you want, you may want to adjust the Email Alerts Settings to enable or disable Email Alerts for specific categories of documents.
All of the customization options are available on the Email Alerts Settings page, which can be accessed by clicking your name on the top right corner of any page (except when viewing documents), and selecting Email Alerts.
For each company on your Watched List, you can customize the document categories for which you receive alerts. A green checkmark means that the alert for that company and category is enabled.
A grey box means that the alert for that company and category is disabled. If you have a lot of companies to customize, you can also click the row or column headers to enable/disable all alerts within that row/column.
Don't forget to Save your changes!
If you want to enable or disable Email Alerts entirely, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Go to Email Alerts Settings
- Select Yes or No in the Enable email alerts for new filings and transcripts? option.
- Don't forget to Save.
The email address where you receive alerts does not need to match the primary email address for your account. In order to change the email address where you receive alerts, just follow these easy steps:
- Go to Email Alerts Settings
- Enter a new address under Email address where to send alerts
- Click Save!
Confirm the new address
Before we can send any alerts to your updated email address, the new address will need to be verified. You should receive a verification email as soon as you change your email address with the subject BamSEC - Please confirm your email. Click the Confirm email button and you're all set.
Some filings are filed confidentially but made publicly available much later, sometimes several weeks or months later. By default, we do not send you alerts for these filings because they often become public in bulk (and we don't want to overwhelm your inbox). They are usually lower-importance filings like correspondence with the SEC for past deals. Examples of confidentially-filed filings include draft registration statements, SEC comments on registration statements, monthly money market funds holdings reports, and more.
If you would like to receive alerts when these new filings become available, select Yes under Enable alerts for confidentially-filed forms?
Timing of alerts for confidentially-filed forms
We process confidentially-filed forms in bulk at the end of each day, so in some cases, you may see the confidentially-filed filing on EDGAR before you see it on BamSEC. However, we will always have the confidentially-filed filings that have been released available by the end of that day.
We are always making improvements to the service and the Email Alerts customization options. However, there are some customization options not yet available:
- Customization beyond categories: At this time, only category-level customization is available for Email Alerts. If you would like more customization options for alerts (e.g., by form type), please let us know.
- Alerts for all companies: Email Alerts for new documents across all companies (filtered either by form or keyword) are currently not available. If this is something you would like us to add, please let us know.
- Anything else: As with everything else, please let us know if there is something you would like to do that isn't listed here.
Updated about a year ago